Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blog 18

Today in class I’m going to research some information about my aunt Pearl Bailey. I plan to get clips off of You Tube and determine how to combine them together. Yesterday we also lose another Hollywood legend Lena Horn, and I have decided to do my project on the history of black American actress and their struggles. There was a time that blacks weren’t allowed to use certain restroom, however they were good enough to perform. It took these two woman and others to make a stand to make it possible for the other who follow them to have the rights black Hollywood actress have today. Even though they were told they shouldn’t dream, it still did not stop them. I will reasearch some of the areas where they werent allowed to perform. Also how much African American made back in the day compared to what they made today. Famous people deal with alot of challenges,however hese woman delt with more,that some of them couldn't over come.
The rest of the week I am planning to go to the editing room in the B-building and have them help me arrange the clips that I gather on these pioneers.
Today in class I research other black actress that worked along side with my Grand aunt such as Dorothy Dandrigde. I found out they had a movie together. I also discovered that my granddaddy was moonwalking long before Michael was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
rosettabailey by Rosetta Bailey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.rosettabailey01.blogspot.com.