Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blog 9

1. A thesis statement is something you own, it is your idea. It is the beginning of your essay. It helps the reader figured out is your essay even worth to read.
2. For example: The glass is greener on the other side. Now it is my job to prove to you why my statement is true. The thesis statement is essential in any essay or paper.
3. Research: It is the investigation of your claim or argument. For example: What make what I say to you the truth. It is my job to research it and convince you that my idea is true.
4. Argument: Why the other claims are false and mine is the truth. For example: We need to build a recreational center instead of the newer lunch room , because the children need that space to play. Now they have no space to play.
5. Reasons: the ideas that are the support of your claim. For example: They don’t need the lunchroom, because the one they have now was just built two years ago.
6. Evidence: something that would prove my claim. It is clear that Michael Jackson is died because his body is cold and his not moonwalking around anymore.
7. MLA Citation style. It is the places that you got all of your research for your paper. Author’s name, title of the book or website, title of article, title of periodical, volume (the amount of pgs you gathered your information from).
I believe that all of these factors are going to play an important role in the way I start my research. It will allow me to be able to organization my truth and ideas. By doing all of this steps my claim will be supported well. I gathered my information from dictionary.com and Google search

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
rosettabailey by Rosetta Bailey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.rosettabailey01.blogspot.com.